Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another weekend!  This weekend means a few things for the Walshes.  General Conference, Football, and Cooking.  Weekends are usually the time when Scott and I can try our more labor and time intensive recipes.  Take right now, for example.  As I write this we are in between the first and second sessions of General Conference (non-LDS folks:  a televised 2-day broadcast from our Church's presiding leadership; a series of talks and music, happens twice a year.)  ESPN Redzone is on the tube and Scott, still in his jammies at 1:11 p.m., is starting creme brulee.  Creme Brulee.  Is this man NOT ambitious?!

I'm going to let him do his thing, because yesterday and the day before I was cooking plenty.  To the tune of sweet potato vichysoisse, and another roast chicken (frenchie style.)  Scott did make some amazing orange poppyseed cupcakes, and I made the butter whipped frosting for them (butter, orange juice, orange rind and confectioners sugar - - outstanding.)  He also made some wonderful roasted peaches (how fun is the butane torch? A billion fun) and potatoes Lyonnaise to go with our roast chicken last night.  Where are the photos of all this you ask?  *sigh* I know.  We cook more than we can reasonably blog.  We are still newlyweds, after all.  We need time to do other things - - like watch football and veg.  So if you don't mind, I'll just post a few of many photos we've taken this week, in no apparent order, with no added commentary.  Because it's the weekend, and I think you can all appreciate that.

-Mary






1 comment:

  1. I was the lucky recipient of not one but TWO of these creamy little pots of joy! I even got to torch my own sugar (now I know why all little boys like to play with tools)! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete